From Ideas to Business
CO.STARTERS CORE Program
CO.STARTERS CORE Program is a 3 months cohort-based program that equips entrepreneurs of all kinds with the insights, connections, and tools needed to turn ideas into action. Application is accepted on a rolling basis. Click here to apply.
Throughout the program, participants develop and fine-tune their ideas, critically examining every part and determining next steps through real-time feedback from people in the community.
The CO.STARTERS Core program consists of 10 sessions covering the following topics:
- SESSION 1: Knowing Yourself: Assumptions, Working Styles, Team Building, Obstacles
- SESSION 2: Knowing Your Customer: Customer, Problem, Alternatives, Idea Testing
- SESSION 3: Finding the Right Solution: Solution, Benefit, Advantage, Starting Small, Brand Identity
- SESSION 4: Getting the Relationship Right: Marketing & Message; Getting, Keeping & Growing Customers
- SESSION 5: Building Blocks: Distribution, Revenue, Typical Offering, Price
- SESSION 6: Structures & Systems: Legal & Accounting Considerations
- SESSION 7: Discovering the Bottom Line: Startup & Ongoing Needs, Fixed & Variable Costs, Break-Even Point
- SESSION 8: Financial Modeling: Break-Even Point, Sales Projections, Cash Flow, Raising Capital
- SESSION 9: Planning for Growth: Growth Plans, Goal Setting, Celebration Prep
- SESSION 10: Celebration!
- Receive a hard copy of the CO.STARTERS training binder
- Join CO.STARTERS online community and network
- Free virtual membership at Tech Incubator at Queens College
- Get a certification upon completion of the program
The program will be delivered in 3 segments:
Segment 1 “Starting” consists of sessions 1-4.
Segment 2 “Developing” consists of sessions 5-7.
Segment 3 “Growing” consists of sessions 8-9.
Session 10 will be scheduled quarterly or as needed.
Each segment has one month in duration and will be repeated. You can rejoin the sessions as needed.
This program is now open for application. Application is accepted on a rolling basis. Click here to apply.