Congratulations to the Founder Fellows!!
Founder Fellowship at TIQC
Equipping diverse tech founders across NYC with the resources they need to scale their startups.
We are excited to accept the Spring 2023 Cohort of Founder Fellows at TIQC! The Program will start on February 6th.
Please note that the application for Spring 2023 cohort is closed.
About the Program
The Founder Fellowship at TIQC is a FREE business development program providing diverse tech founders across NYC with the resources they need to scale their startups.
Participants will gain the skills to successfully lead, grow, and scale their business venture. Rooted in the world-renown Think8 framework for quality learning outcomes, dovetailed by hands-on support from WeLoveMentors, and powered by NYC EDC.
We’re proud to partner with the New York City Economic Development Corporation on the Founder Fellowship. Thanks to our program sponsors and partners for allowing us to make this a city-wide initiative.
TOTAL BUSINESSES THAT WILL BE ACCEPTED INTO THE CURRENT PROGRAM.
NYC SERVICE AREAS: BROOKLYN, BRONX, MANHATTAN, QUEENS, STATEN ISLAND
WEEKS OF BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMMING AND MENTOR SUPPORT.
THE POWER OF QUALITY EDUCATION AND NETWORK THAT CAN TAKE YOUR STARTUP TO THE NEXT LEVEL
Everything You Need to Know
Date: Monday, February 6, 2023, 1 pm to 3 pm ET
Time Commitment: 2 Hours
We will review expectations, develop community guidelines, and fellowship the TIQC way. This is your opportunity to get to know your cohort and get the information you need to successfully complete this program.
Date: Thursday, February 9, 2023, 6:30 pm to 8 pm ET
Time Commitment: 1.5 Hours
This will be an in person event for founders to fellowship, network and celebrate the start of the program over an informal dinner.
Date: Weekend, February 10-12, 2023, 9 am to 5 pm ET
Time Commitment: 3 Days
A highly personalized summit provided by Think8 to help develop and refine your entrepreneurial mindset and business management.
Date: Thursdays, March 2 to May 4, 10:00 am – 12:00 pm ET
Time Commitment: 2 Hours (10 Sessions)
A highly personalized weekly program provided by Think8 to help refine your business understand across topical areas.
Date: Saturday-Sunday, June 10-11, 2023, 9 am to 5 pm ET
Time Commitment: 2 Days
Intensive coaching on storytelling and effective pitching.
Date: Thursday, June 16, 2023, 10 am to 12 pm ET
Time Commitment: 2 Hours
A chance for the global network to meet the 12 diverse companies making up the 1st cohort of Founder Fellows at TIQC.
End of Program Celebration + Alumni Perks
Time Commitment: Meet all Program Requirements
Being a TIQC company alum gives you access to diverse resources necessary to grow your busines
This application will take about 20 minutes to complete.
We will review applications on a rolling basis until December 16, 2022. You will be notified by email if you are selected for the program.
Please direct any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline → Friday, December 16, 2022
Program Start → Kickoff & Orientation - Monday, February 6, 2023
Program End → Last session - Friday, June 30, 2023
Mandatory Session Dates
Kickoff & Orientation → Monday, February 6, 2023
In-Person Summit → Friday-Sunday, February 10-12, 2023
Accelerator Sessions → Thursdays, March 2 to May 4, 2023
In-Person Pitch Preparation → Saturday-Sunday, June 10-11, 2023
Demo Day → Thursday, June 16, 2023
Full Program FAQs can be found here.
🤔 How many sessions are there? What are the program dates?
Participants will be required to attend the kickoff meeting, in-person summit, 80% of the ten (10) virtual accelerator program sessions, in-person pitch preparation, and Demo Day capstone detailed below. There will be one optional in-person event to connect with your cohort and celebrate the completion of the program.
- Kickoff: Monday, February 6, 2023, 1-3 pm ET
- Mentor Connect: Tuesday, February 7, 2023, 2-3 pm
- Welcome Dinner: Thursday, February 9, 2023, 6:30-9 pm ET
- In-Person Summit: Friday-Sunday, February 10-12, 2023, 9 am-5 pm ET
- Virtual Accelerator Sessions: Thursdays 10 am-12 pm ET
- March 2, 2023
- March 9, 2023
- March 16, 2023
- March 23, 2023
- March 30, 2023
- April 6, 2023
- April 13, 2023
- April 20, 2023
- April 27, 2023
- May 4, 2023
- In-Person Pitch Preparation:
- June 10-11, 9 am-5 pm ET
- Demo Day:
- Thursday June, 16, 2023, 10 am-12 pm ET
- Optional In-person Event: Date and Location TBA
In-person events are hosted by TIQC at Queens College Campus (Queens).
⏰ What time will the sessions take place?
The in-person events are all day events. The core Accelerator Sessions will be taking place early in the day.
- 10:00am - 12:00pm ET
❓What are the program highlights?
- The Think8® Program, used globally by Start-Ups and Fortune 500 companies, is offered to Founder Fellows in prototype/MVP build, launch, pre-seed or seed stage. Applying this entirely “new think” actualizes the founders' true potential by igniting their innate creativity to solve any business challenge which enables them to build a profitable, meaningful and sustainable venture. The Think8 program will be delivered by CEO Mark Shekter and President Nancy Trites Botkin, of the Think8 Global Institute.
- Access to industry experts and advisors; monthly group coaching; on-demand learning with peer-to-peer support and one-on-one coaching.
- A 6-month free TIQC membership, including designated co-working desk space, meeting rooms and office facilities; 24/7 access, (subject to college campus access policies).
- Access to the TIQC community network, researchers from the City University of New York, student interns, and NYC tech talent, in an immersive startup ecosystem.
- A vibrant alumni program providing continued support to the Founder Fellows beyond the initial program.
💵 What is the cost of the Founder Fellowship at TIQC?
There is no cost, but a time commitment is required to complete the program. Your attendance across all (4) requirements is mandatory to complete the program and receive the participant perks. You will be responsible for travel arrangements to the in-person summit, the in-per pitch prepation session and optional in-person celebratory event at the end of the program.
❓What are the session topics?
- Drafting each founder’s Dynamic Blueprint
- Formulating the UVP
- Constructing the ideal Structural Design for the business
- Reviewing the Business Model
- Combing a solid Business Model with an authentic USP
- Refining a Business Plan excites the founders and stakeholders
- Establishing HR policy for hiring, and guidelines for strategic alliances
- A breakdown of sequenced actions to ensure Program success
⚙️ As a program graduate you will:
- Join the Alumni Network of TIQC
- Continue to access the community and its resources, including future programming and events
- Rising entrepreneurs from traditionally underrepresented groups
- Early to Growth-stage companies leveraging a core technology.
- Aspiring founders with traction, diverse business models (B2C, B2B, B2B2C, B2G, C2C, C2B)
- Have time to participate intentionally throughout the 6-month program.
Steven A. Rodríguez
Buenas 👋🏾, I am an American-Colombian with NYC / Queens roots. In 3 words: creative, explorer, futurist. In the group project I am the one making sure everyone feels safe and heard while completing the work, following a timeline and staying on budget. I ask the tough questions, everything I do is rooted in purpose and I love when people are free to show up as themselves. My background is in project management and revenue operations. I enjoy cooking and eating new culinary delights, new geographic sights and adventures, and great conversations on a virtual couch or at a café. If you are interested in project management, tech, operations, business development, parenting, culture, or just someone to keep it real, send over a DM.
- Program Partners
- Event Partners