Design Your Learning” is based on a “ Designing Your Life ” class offered at the Stanford University taught by Dave Evans and Bill Burnett.
This class is open to all students and to the general public, offered by the Tech Incubator at Queens College (TIQC).
This class will focus on:
- Foundational or core skills, including confidence building, communication, learning how to learn, learning to use a set of tools for reframing questions, generating ideas, prototyping experience, decision making and taking actions
- Self-Directed Learning and Time Management
- General career readiness, including a set of tools for job search and networking
We will introduce a specific set of tools to you that will enable you to
- Think about your learning view, your work view, and your life view
- Find a balance along five dimensions: Work (Study), Love (Social, Relationship), Learning, Play, and Health. Set priorities and cultivate atomic habits to make progress towards your goals.
- Come up with alternative plans for your future
- Prototype conversations and experiences for your plan
- Learn to reframe questions, make choices, make decisions, take actions and tell stories
Dates: 7/8, 7/10, 7/15, 7/17
Time: 6:30 pm to 8:30 pm
Tech Incubator at Queens College
65-30 Kissena Blvd
CEP Hall 2
Queens, NY 11367